- Opening Ceremony with Mayor Mitchell, City Councilors, Miss New Bedford, Showstoppers, Miss New Bedford Outstanding Teen & UMass Steel Drum Band, 4:30pm
- All Faith Service for the New Year @ Seamen's Bethel from 5-6pm
- Fire & Ice 2013! Fire Eaters (5:45 outside the Zeiterion Theatre & 6:15pm on the Whaling Museum Plaza) & Live Ice Sculpting
in Custom House Park starting at 4:30pm
- Street Performance with the Suspenders on William street from 5:30-7:30pm
- Stilt Walking Performance outside the Zeiterion Theatre, 5:45 & 7:15pm
- UMASS Dartmouth Kekeli African Music Ensemble performing on State Pier (near the Ferry Termianl) from 7:15-8:15pm
- We Art NB! Galleries open for strolling & shopping: Arthur Moniz, Crowell's Fine Art, Gallery 65,
Paradise-McFee, TL6 the Gallery & UMass Dartmouth CVPA at the Star Store.
- Magic of Lyn @ the Zeiterion Theatre, 5 & 6:30pm
- Stop by Wing's Court for:
- Spoken Word presented by Erik Andrade
2 performances at 6:30 & 7:15pm
- the We Are New Bedford photo project presented by NB Beautiful & UGLYgallery. Get your photo taken & be a part of this 'faces of the city' event, 5:30-8pm
- Boutique Shopping - cash in those gift cards: 767 Exchange, Bedford Merchant, be jeweled (until 7pm), Carter's Clothing, Celia's Boutique, Gatlin's Framing & Photography, Subtext Bookshop & Travessia Urban Winery (open until 6pm for your NYE wine purchasing)
- Looking for a quick snack or a hot drink?
Stop by Cafe Arpeggio, Destination Soup, Green Bean, Paddy's Hotdog Shop, or Tia Maria's European Cafe. There will also be hot & cold drinks, Domino's Pizza & popcorn on State Pier from 7:30-10pm, hosted by NB Cub Scout Pack 7.
- Toe Jam Puppet Band @ the YMCA, 5:30, 6:30, & 7:30pm
- Hands-on activities at the National Park Visitor Center with the 1850s Ladies, 5-8pm
- Jedlie's Magic Circus at NBAM, 5:30 & 7pm
- NBHS Drama Club presents skits & theater games @ the NB Public Library, 5-6:30pm
- Hand-on activities, blue earth projection & live exhibits @ the Ocean Explorium from 4-7pm
- Folk Coffee House @ Cafe Arpeggio, 5-8pm
- Fado with Ana Vinagre @ Tia Maria's, 5:30 & 6:30pm
- Celtic music with Aoife Clancy & Eddie Dillon @ the Seamen's Bethel, 6:30-8pm
- Cape Verdean Kitchen Music at Celia's Boutique from 4:30-6:30pm
& Ponta de Sol (sponsored by NB Historical Society) @ Artworks from 6-8pm
- Jazz it up in DNB!
Gallery 65 hosts Paul Nagel and Bill Meile, 5-6:30pm
Jim Robataille, John Harrison, Dino Govoni, Dave Zinno, & Chris Poudrier from 5-6:30pm @ NB Whaling Museum
Gatlin's Framing & Photography presents Al Nawocki & the UMass Jazz Quartet, 5-8pm
Scott Alan Correia & friends play jazz piano & musical review @ CVPA, 5 & 6pm
- The O'Tooles @ 767 Exchange from 6-8pm
- Dance Party in Wing's Court from 6-8pm: Bring in the New Year with music that makes you move!
DJ Anghelli will be spinning music from now and then and getting loud. Join the fun, make some noise, bust a few moves and have a good time!
City Celebrates! New Year's After Nine
AHA! partner eateries are open late with live music & great food! Perfect for counting down to 2014!
- Stop by Rose Alley Ale House for cold brews & hot food including the best wings in town.
- Cork will have live music with Chris Richards & Mike Lavoie from 8:30pm-12:30am plus a 5 course sharing menu with Champagne toast starting at 4pm (reservations required)
- Freestone's will be offering a Special New Year's Eve Menu from 5pm til closing.
- Pour Farm Tavern's got their World Famous Cubano along with live music TBD
- Waterfront Grill will be open from 11:30am-9pm. Reservations accepted and recommended for groups over 5.